motion sensors keep disconnecting and reconnecting!

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
David Bergeron
motion sensors keep disconnecting and reconnecting!

Post by David Bergeron » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:39 am

Installed Home security yesterday, 4 door sensors and 2 motion sensors.
Doors sensors work fine but both motion sensors keep disconnecting and reconnecting.
- The disconnections seem to happen every 30 minutes or so but there are exceptions
- They last for 1-2 minutes usually
- The sensor reporting the most disconnects-reconnects is the closest to the base station and is separated by 1 drywall wall with wooden structure
- both sensors are well within 200 feet fro the base
- batteries are good in both sensors
- they both seem to be detecting motion well

I need a hand please!

Kentw

Re: motion sensors keep disconnecting and reconnecting!

Post by Kentw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi,
I’m having a similar problem on a recently purchased home security system. Ooma has sent me a second motion sensor and I still have the same disconnect-reconnect behavior. It happens frequently and lasts often less than a minute. The sensor detects motion as it is supposed to even when the notification says that it’s disconnected and before a reconnect notification but the very frequent emails are annoying. Could it be a problem with the new Ooma Telo that I upgraded to for the home security feature?

If there was a way for Ooma to delay the disconnect email for say 2 minutes, the motion detector would reconnect within that time and there would be no need to send an email. Just a thought.

My two door sensors work very well. I want to get more motion sensors but not if this problem persists.

All thoughts are welcome. I certainly don’t want to start paying for a service that doesn’t work.

harry1511

Post by harry1511 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:28 pm

I just installed the package with the motion sensor today and having the same problem!! It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting roughly every half an hour!! The sensor is just a few steps away from the base. Is it a bug in the app? O is it actually disconnected? I clearly don't want to use an unreliable device like this if it keeps disconnecting!! Any expert here can answer this?

ab3ehm

Post by ab3ehm » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 am

I installed a system yesterday and have the exact same problem. Motion - but not entry - sensors disconnect and reconnect at approximately 30 minute intervals. They do this a half dozen times, then are okay for awhile. Happens in Away mode and Off mode. Got 4 consecutive phone alerts when away last night and had to turn the system off. Not good. Support team, please advise.

LarryS11

Post by LarryS11 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:37 am

Latest Telo firmware release [#350657] seems to correct this issue.