Telo has lost connection with the Home Security Service...

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
j2carte
Telo has lost connection with the Home Security Service...

Post by j2carte » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:03 am

Last message in the log - other than mode switches with times 5 hours off - occurred Aug 9th at 4:31 pm CST. No other messages or emails or texts as expected and apparently it hasn't come back online since then. It is presently Aug 13th at 7:35 am CST.

How can a security system go offline, quit logging door or motion triggers, yet the underlying VOIP phone system still function? And how can it fail like this without pushing some sort of message to the customer? I should not be expected to log into the application just to check its functional status. Especially when the phone system that supports it is still working properly.

The only reason I found this was because we lost the dialtone on the phone sometime during last night. Even though the Telo was showing an "all is well" blue logo, I cycled power to get it to reboot and bring back dialtone. But that's a different forum post... :o

David Townsend

Re: Telo has lost connection with the Home Security Service...

Post by David Townsend » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:34 pm

I am having the same issue, did you find a fix for the problem?

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 am

I've found no setting that should prevent either the Telo or the App from alerting me that either has become non-functional, and I've neither seen nor heard anything from Ooma regarding this post. Even though neither event has re-occurred since I power-cycled the Telo, I've lost faith in the system and have started investigating others.

I've been a rather faithful Ooma supporter since I installed the Telo several years ago, and have had a Polyanna attitude until now. But for my security system to go offline with no warning or alert for an extended period of time AND for the phone system to do the same yet indicate all is well, is just too much to ignore.

After spending a career in I.T. which included extensive software and system development I can't understand how Ooma will survive long-term.

maverickAB

Post by maverickAB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:34 am

@J2 just installed this week worked great at first, but now I'm on this forum looking for solutions, and have the same concerns as you. I wanted to install Google secure but it's not available in Canada yet, so I opted to upgrade my older Visionic system to Ooma. Everything worked until I installed the water sensor. The whole system stopped working after the addition of this sensor. After reading your problematic history I think that I will return everything that I have purchased. I can't have an unreliable security system, it defeats it's purpose. Sounds like this thing is Alpha never mind Beta. I have a window to return all this hardware, I assume you would recommend running away from this security system in it's current state.

Cheers,

Mav

Grider

Post by Grider » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:41 am

My system has done this twice in the past two weeks. Last night it went off about 330 and reconnected on its own at about 7am. What value is a security system that silently fails ... especially during a period when it is needed most. PLUS... lost the phone as well. Last time this happened it was during the day - we use the phone for business.

For me, unless fixed very quickly, this is a deal killer, if you can't trust the system it is useless.

jschn1232

Post by jschn1232 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:19 am

Having the same issue repeatedly. Unfortunately I have invested in an unreliable home security system. Until OOMA can solve this recurring problem, this system is nothing more than a toy.

pamelaantonacci

Post by pamelaantonacci » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 pm

So this problem is actually occurring to me right now =(... My Phone is working fine but the whole home security portion has stopped functioning... it stopped working about 8pm est... Honestly IDK if engineering is sleeping at OOMA =(

pamelaantonacci

Post by pamelaantonacci » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:41 am

So OOMA Support was able to fix this for me.. I advise anyone who is having this problem to contact them =)

SquareState

Post by SquareState » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am

Did they actually fix it or did they just reboot your Telo?

LkMtka

Post by LkMtka » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:51 am

I experienced this same issue where the Telo has lost connection with the Home Security service. After performing reboots too many times with no change, I contacted ooma Customer Support. With a 15-minute phone call ooma Customer Support made an adjustment, had me reboot, and the system was up and running again.

Frustrating, yes. Easy to fix, yes. Take the 15 minutes to call Customer Support and get back online.