Replacement Telo and security sensosrs

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
raky
Replacement Telo and security sensosrs

Post by raky » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Hope someone can shed light on it. Cant find this info anywhere. Had old Telo and 3 ooma security sensors. Got newer version of telo from Ooma. Was told that I have to just disconnect the old one and reconnect the new one. After doing that phone service is working fine. But in OOMA security android app all sensors are showing status as 'unknown'. The logs say 'Home security offline due to scheduled maintenance.... Please wait until it comes back'. Does it mean things security sensors will work automatically or I am supposed to do anything. If I am supposed to do anything then what all I need to do. Was hoping given Ooma know what all I have they will migrate sensors to new Telo.

raky

Re: Replacement Telo and security sensosrs

Post by raky » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:41 am

I have to call OOMA support as I was not able to remove sensors from OOMA app. They suggested to disconnect new Telo and reconnect old Telo. Then after re-registering old Telo. Ooma support was the able to delete the sensors from my account. Then after reconnecting new Telo, uninstalling the app, rebooting phone, reinstalling the app I was able to add back sensors to the new Telo.

Looking back I believe what I could have done is remove the sensors from the app before replacing the Telo. But instructions indicated that I just disconnect the old one and connect new one. But after that only phone service was working and the sensors were in lala land.

SquareState

Re: Replacement Telo and security sensosrs

Post by SquareState » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:02 pm

:x :x :x :x I had to replace (under warranty) the Telo and was told at the time I would have to re-pair the sensors. OK, that would be fine. But today when I spoke to support, they said I have to delete all the sensors and re-add them. :o That means setting up all the notifications again. This is insanity. Who is the idiot who designed this process?? It should be possible to re-pair a sensor without having to start from scratch. I have 10 sensors several of which have unique notification patterns. :x :x :x :cry: