Sirens optional features

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
EFlores
Sirens optional features

Post by EFlores » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Are there any plans to:
(1) display a light when the alarm is active in the Sirens? right now unless I look in the app or in my Telo HD phones I have no idea it is active.
(2) use the Sirens as door chimes?
(3) create a door pad to turn off the alarm when we enter the active location or on when leaving?

SquareState

Re: Sirens optional features

Post by SquareState » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:37 pm

I want to just comment on the Siren placement. The setup guide simply says find an outlet and plug it in. I think this doesn't reflect much security thinking. I specifically did not want the siren located where an intruder could just walk up to it and unplug it, since it's just sitting in an outlet. So I placed it in an outlet where the sound will be quite loud at several of the exterior entrances (my house has a very open plan), but in an outlet that is very difficult to get to - say no more. It would take an intruder several minutes to access the siren, by which time the gendarmes would be rolling his way.

My previous security system had a hardwired siren which might have some advantages.

Can one Telo support more than one siren? Will the app control both in tandem? It could be advantageous to have multiple sirens which would force an intruder to deal with a second one if he was able to disable the first. Again, they don't want to burn time.