Very Dissatisfied = bait and switch!

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
tjwitman
Very Dissatisfied = bait and switch!

Post by tjwitman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 pm

After investing in sensors for my house some time ago and going through all the growing pains of Ooma figuring out how to get everything working, I now find out most of the important features that WERE FREE now are covered under the paid plan! I've been an Ooma user almost from day one when the phone system had no yearly fee.
No longer can I have security switch modes automatically according to a schedule. No longer can I be notified via email or phone call if someone breaks in while I'm not home. No longer can I call 911 if I'm away! This just irritates the carp out of me that I invested in something that had real benefits and then suddenly I have to pay for it every month!

Ooma, you suck!!!!!!

CordCutter

Re: Very Dissatisfied = bait and switch!

Post by CordCutter » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:44 am

Totally agree that if these were features without a charge when you bought the system, you should be grandfathered in. It appears that the following features now cost $3.99, $4.99 or $5.99 per month, depending upon whether you are a Premier, Basic, or not at all Telo VOIP user:

Location Based Mode Switching
Scheduled Mode Switching
SMS Notifications
Phone Call Notifications
Email Notifications
Remote 911
Multiple Users of App

At a minimum Remote 911 should be included in the free plan, which also include the following features:

Unlimited Sensors
Real-time Sensor Status in Mobile App
Door Open/Close Notifications
Motion Notifications
Tamper Detection Notifications
90-day Logs of All Activity
Home, Away, Night, Vacation Modes
Custom Modes
Audible Spoken Notifications on Telo
Mobile Push Notifications

Some people can make do with the free plan, but Remote 911 is critically missing. What if a smoke detector triggers the alarm and you use the Butterfleye to confirm an actual fire? Remote 911 is needed. (You could just call 911 directly, but then you'd have to supply the address.)

Let's hope Ooma figures this out before they are crushed by the competition.
Cut the cable TV & POTS line March 2014

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:23 am

We need to keep in mind that Ooma is not a profitable company. They desperately need the revenue from paying customers. The good news is that Ooma is on track to break even.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:53 pm

What can you get today for ten bucks? Not much. But you can upgrade to Premier. When I got Ooma four years ago I was paying over $30 a month for a conventional wireline phone. It had no features and a limited local calling area.

Now I have Ooma Premier including home security, two phone numbers, and unlimited calling with no long distance charges for LESS THAN $20 A MONTH.
So quit complaining. Ooma is a great service and a great value!