Home Security phone call alert

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
SquareState
Home Security phone call alert

Post by SquareState » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:45 pm

I have some of my alert conditions set to make a call to my cell phone because these usually are tied to my being not home (away or vacation mode, etc.) I have never succeeded in answering one of these calls before it goes to voicemail, but the message apparently is playing before voicemail recording begins. Assuming that the alert system is unable to detect VM or when recording begins, could the message be repeated a few times before hanging up? I get exactly one second of the end of the message on VM. Maybe this needs to be configurable as to the number of times to repeat.

thomasm

Re: Home Security phone call alert

Post by thomasm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:12 am

The Telo begins playing the alarm message when it detects that it's outgoing call has been answered. Apparently, your cellphone somehow is blocking the call from the Telo thinking it's a robocall or some sort of spam. You need to put your home phone number (the main number the Telo uses to dial out) in your contacts list on your cellphone. At least on Android this prevents the call from going to voicemail untill the phone actually rings for the usual time.

Here's another tip I use. At night I enable the "do not disturb" feature of Android but I want the phone to ring if the Telo is calling. After putting the Telo's phone number in my contacts list, I "starred" it in Android. Then I set the do not disturb feature to only allow priority calls and messages. Works great. If an alarm causes the Telo to dial my cellphone, it always rings but other annoying calls are sent to the cell voicemail.