Android Home Security app issue

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
Erzak
Android Home Security app issue

Post by Erzak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm

The app updated this morning, and ever since then, I keep getting notifications that say:
"The device has the Home status (6m)" if I'm home or "The device has the Away status (1036m)" (or some other number when I'm away. The number changes, I suspect it's how far I am in meters from my Telo unit.

Can't find any way to stop this short of killing the app on my phone. If I then re-launch it, it's okay for a while, but then this nonsense starts up again.

Anyone else experiencing this, and any ideas how to fix it?

The app version is Ooma 1.16.5 (1014563), at least that's what it says under "More" in the app.

Thanks,
Eric

thomasm

Re: Android Home Security app issue

Post by thomasm » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 am

I went back to version 1.13.2 (1010149) awhile back and have no plans to upgrade unless this version stops working. I like to scroll through the log without having to expand those stupid tabs which the next version made you do if you wanted to see earlier entries. That "purchase sensors" annoying box also irritates me.

I also noticed that the long only goes back one month now. Perhaps the Ooma server was running out of disk space? I seem to recall it used to let you go back 3 months.

Normally newer app versions fix problems and add functionality but not at Ooma!! :x

Erzak

Post by Erzak » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 am

How were you able to go back to an earlier version? Are they archived someplace?

Also, I was looking to see if there was a place on the Ooma website to report this bug, but the only contact options are calling them and online chat. My experience with the chat is that it's not too helpful.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:55 am

I learned a long time ago to NEVER update an app without first backing up the current version. This is done using a wonderful app called "app backup/restore". It's available on the play store and I recall it can be upgraded for a small fee. It creates an APK file which can then be used to reinstall the app by simply clicking on it. You do have to go through all the setup options of course. Also, you have to change your settings to allow installing apps from unknown sources.

j2carte

Post by j2carte » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 am

I'm on version 1.19.3 (1015581) and don't ever remember seeing this issue on my Android phone or in the logs.