Issue with persistent Geofencing banner on Android phone

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
Erzak
Issue with persistent Geofencing banner on Android phone

Post by Erzak » Wed May 01, 2019 3:44 pm

So for a while I had not updated the Ooma Home Security app on my Android phone, because I kept getting notifications that say "The device has the Home status (6m)" if I'm home or "The device has the Away status (1036m)" where the # changes, I assume based on how many meters away from my Telo my phone is. So I stayed on version 1.15.5, as that version didn't have this annoying "feature". I should add that the most annoying thing about is that since I have a smart watch, these notifications buzz on my wrist every minute or two.

Today I saw that there was a fairly new update, v1.20.4 and decided to try it.

I no longer get those notifications. But now I get a persistent banner notification on my phone that says:
"This device is currently away from home. This banner is required for Geofencing to work properly", and it must refresh every minute or so, since it pushes a notification every minute or so, which of course goes to my watch.

I could turn off smart notifications to my watch from the Ooma Home Security app, but that partially defeats the whole point of having both the app and the smart watch.

Has anyone else encountered this?