Clear Tamper symbol on Android App

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
OomaForumUser
Clear Tamper symbol on Android App

Post by OomaForumUser » Sat May 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Several of my door and leak sensors needed new batteries (sooner than I expected). I've replaced the batteries and the app found the new batteries and cleared the low battery alerts but left the tamper alerts up. I can't seem to find where I can clear these alert symbols on my Android Phone App. I realize that I can stop the tamper alerts altogether, and probably deleting and resetting the sensor will work, but surely there must be an easier and better way. Any suggestions?

thomasm

Re: Clear Tamper symbol on Android App

Post by thomasm » Mon May 13, 2019 3:53 am

After replacing the sensor in it's normal location do you see a log entry "tamper sensor armed"? If not, the tamper sensor switch is not active for some reason. Try pushing the tamper sensor plunger in with your finger.

I had trouble with this myself until I realized that mounting the sensor with the provided double sided tape was the problem. The tamper sensor plunger must be fully depressed or it remains active. Now all of my sensors are screwed in (except the motion sensors). This fixed the problem.

OomaForumUser

Post by OomaForumUser » Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks very much for your input. I did find that the door sensor mounted with adhesive was a little too far from the wall. So far by just pushing it in the message went away about 10 minutes later. It's a metal door so I'm reluctant to drill holes but that does look like the best solution.
I wasn't sure if the message would reset itself or if I was missing something in the app to dismiss the message. My motion detector with the same tamper message seemed to take quite a time (over 1.5 hours) to clear after I reseated it in the table-top base, but it did clear eventually. Now that I know they auto-clear after an unknown but fairly lengthy delay I won't worry about it after the next battery change. If Ooma put that in the help or FAQ it would save some research.
Thanks again for your help.

thomasm

Post by thomasm » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Don't drill holes in your metal door. I have a water sensor monitoring my sump pump. But where to mount it? I took a thin piece of wood and cut it to just over the size of the sensor. Then I screwed the sensor to the wood so the tamper plunger is depressed.

You can do this with your metal door. Screw the sensor to a thin piece of wood. Then use the adhesive mounting tape to stick the wood to the door. You can use the magnet extenders to make sure it aligns properly with the sensor.