Text notifications for door opening

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
JPK79
Text notifications for door opening

Post by JPK79 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Can you configure it to send you a text when a door opens (or closes), when the system is not armed? I have yet to buy Ooma security so obviously not sure. I’ve read push notifications but was hoping text was an option, too. Is email?

j2carte

Re: Text notifications for door opening

Post by j2carte » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:17 am

Text, email, and phone push alerts for opening, closing, and motion are configurable as are proximity (geosync) notifications. I got tired of all the notifications so I set my system to only alert me on events while I'm in either Away, Night, or Vacation modes. The system logs all trigger events and can be set to alert you on just about any of them, for any individual sensor or all sensors.

thomasm

Re: Text notifications for door opening

Post by thomasm » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:56 pm

There are different "modes" like home, away, vacation, and off. You can also create up to 10 of your own custom modes. Modes can be changed automatically on a programmed schedule, from a handset, from the keypad (if you have one), using geofencing, or from the cellphone app.

You then choose what each sensor is going to do when each mode is active. It will probably take you some time to cofigure all the modes to your liking but you can customize the system so it operates exactly how you want it to.