Butterfleye camera issues

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
sbrammer
Butterfleye camera issues

Post by sbrammer » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:10 am

One of my camera's is goes from "establishing live stream" to "loading live stream", and then stays there forever. the camera records events, but i am unable to access a live feed. This happens on both my iPad and iPhone. Any advice on what i can do to view the live feed?

dqtech

Re: Butterfleye camera issues

Post by dqtech » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:59 pm

I too have the same issue; live streaming doesn’t seem to load. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I tried to enable local network streaming as stated in the manual, but that option doesn’t appear to be available in the iOS app. I have rebooted my router and cable modem with no such luck. I last used live streaming about a week ago with no issues.

pamelaantonacci

Post by pamelaantonacci » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:05 am

I had the same issue, & still have it.. I was told from @tom that "there is no longer an engineering team for the BF cameras". These products are dead since they are no longer available. Time to invest in ring or a Wyze Cam. Wish I had better news.

dqtech

Post by dqtech » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 am

I submitted a support request to see what official response I would get from Ooma, but in the mean time I have got it working on my end. I have setup static IP addresses to the cameras and have ensured they are making a good connection to my router. This is a requirement.

sbrammer

Post by sbrammer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 pm

When I first got my second camera last week (new from eBay), it worked for probably one day, then it started with the loading message. I tried to turn it off, back on. I tried to reinstall the app, I even went as far as doing a reset on camera. On my first camera, it got the solid red light of death, and after two week of dealing with support, I gave up.

On both cameras, I can access the web interface, both say are connected to the cloud, and even have a recent health check date. But it would be nice if I could access the live feed again on the one, and would be great if the other camera would start to work again.

It’s sad on how we were never notified that they discontinued the cameras.

sbrammer

Post by sbrammer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:06 am

Looks like my issue is now resolved with the streaming. I am now able to stream again.

However the issue with my other camera is still ongoing. The other camera is connected to the internet, i can access the web interface, but that's all it does. no recording, no notifications, and when i turn it on, it blinks a few times indicating no internet, then the red solid light of death appears. I have contacted support and after two weeks of going back and forth, i finally gave up. I have reset the device several times per support, and that did not work. Since it's out of warranty and no longer being sold, support was no help. So if anyone out there has suggestions that would be great.