smart cam app

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
sbrammer
Re: smart cam app

Post by sbrammer » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:07 am

I have two 1gen cameras. The white one died several months ago, so I bought a black one in March. As of today, the white one still isn’t working, even though I can access the web interface, it has an IP address, the firmware is up to date, the Last health Check was on Sunday, and it’s 100% charged. That s the one where it’s solid red led.

The black one is still working fine (for now). I do like having a camera on our big backyard, but if it’s going to die soon, but have to step up looking for another company that does cameras and sensors.

I do like the telo and our phone service, but we have considered dropping our land line altogether.

NewEngland45

smart cam app

Post by NewEngland45 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:50 am

I got an email today that 10/22/21 will be the last day for the Butterfleye and Smart Cams:

"After this day, your camera(s) will stop working and will no longer record videos. Any videos you currently access through the Smart Cam App will become unavailable."

I'm glad I only paid $30 each. It would have been nice if they unlocked them as a final parting gift.

pamelaantonacci

Re: smart cam app

Post by pamelaantonacci » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:44 pm

Wow the way they handled the cameras makes me just not trust them for any new products.