All my cameras are offline - Smart Cam

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
pamelaantonacci
All my cameras are offline - Smart Cam

Post by pamelaantonacci » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:02 am

Hi, so my cameras have been working pretty well for the past few weeks. Yesterday, I tried the app and all my cameras are offline with the play button with a line presented stating error "unable to establish stream"... Has anyone experienced this recently. My cameras seem to have stopped working on June 26th.

dqtech

Re: All my cameras are offline - Smart Cam

Post by dqtech » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:59 am

@pamelaantonacci

I have 1x Gen2 camera and 3x Gen1 cameras.
My Gen1's are working fine (except one Gen1 camera; it doesn't record on motion triggers, but live steaming works -go figure), but my Gen2 behaves like yours. According to the config page for the Gen2, the last time it was online was June 26th as well. It only shows offline and has the play button with the line through it. When I power it off then on the blue light stays on for about 5min and then the camera turns off. I seem to be able to set the wifi password to the camera, but that's it. I signed up for a new account for testing and tried to pair the Gen2 camera, it sees the camera as a new device, but then gives an error before adding the camera to the account. I guess there is something in Ooma's service that prevents 2 cameras from being attached to 2 accounts (it would make sense to have this failsafe). If I could somehow get the camera out of pairing mode or force remove the camera from my account, I believe I could get it reconnected again.

Have you had any luck getting support from Ooma?

pamelaantonacci

Post by pamelaantonacci » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:20 pm

So some bad news from OOMA.. Apparently the Gen 2 are end of life. They are offline for good. They said that the GEN 1s will soon follow the same fate.

Unhappy customer

Post by Unhappy customer » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:55 pm

That's right friends - those expensive cameras you bought perhaps a year or two ago are now just paperweights :shock: . Why? Because Ooma had issues with them and instead of fixing those issues they just washed their hands of the problem. No notice was given to customers; its up to YOU to find out.

I have been stuck at home for several months so I have not needed to use the cameras ( I did hear them clicking as I passed so it seemed they were working. It wasn't until the weekend of the 4th of July when I was preparing to leave my home for a couple of days when I checked the camera feeds only to find they were ALL offline. That when you NEED a camera system but it wasn't there when I needed it. After I returned I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out why the cameras weren't working. There was no notification from Ooma either in email or on the app what had happened. Only after I called customer support did I find out about the drop of support. I purchased these cameras just over a year ago for $600 - now they are completely useless.

Ooma did offer me $100/camera in security hardware. After this experience I have very little trust they will continue to support their security products so I declined. I need working, reliable cameras, not door sensors.

They then offered me only $50/camera in cash. Gee, thanks guys - I paid $125/camera a year ago.

I really like my Telo - I felt Ooma made a quality product that I could count on. That's why I paid a premium for these cameras. Boy, was I was wrong. :x

sbrammer

Post by sbrammer » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:09 am

I agree.

I have two 1gen cameras. The white one died several months ago, so I bought a black one in March. As of today, the white one still isn’t working, even though I can access the web interface, it has an IP address, the firmware is up to date, the Last health Check was on Sunday, and it’s 100% charged. That s the one where it’s solid red led.

The black one is still working fine (for now). I do like having a camera on our big backyard, but if it’s going to die soon, but have to step up looking for another company that does cameras and sensors.

I do like the telo and our phone service, but we have considered dropping our land line altogether.