Unable to re-pair Ooma door sensor

Discussion topics covering Ooma Home Security
DatCanadianGuy
Unable to re-pair Ooma door sensor

Post by DatCanadianGuy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:20 am

I have an Ooma door sensor on a set of patio doors that's less than 10' away from the base. I got a notification the sensor became disconnected, so I changed the batteries, but it seems the only way to get the sensor working again is to un-pair it, then re-pair. Generally, this has usually worked, but this time the base unit says the sensor has been successfully paired, but the app fails to register the sensor; the register status continues indefinitely until it stops.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, entering pairing mode manually on the back of the base, changing batteries, etc. and nothing has worked. Customer support line busy.

Thoughts?

Chris
Attachments
Screenshot_20211104-130226_Home Security.jpg
Screenshot_20211104-130226_Home Security.jpg (22.67KiB)Viewed 25445 times

DatCanadianGuy

Re: Unable to re-pair Ooma door sensor

Post by DatCanadianGuy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:29 am

Eventually got it going; here's what it involved:

Uninstalled app
Unplugged base unit
Turned off/on bluetooth on my phone
Reinstalled app/turned on base

When I logged in to the app after reinstalling a 2nd time, it said it recognized the door without going through the re-pairing process again. Unfortunately, 3 other sensors simultaneously went down. I tried opening/closing the doors/windows involved, and the sensor connected itself. The water sensor however needed the batteries pulled/reinserted, but then self-activated as well.

Good grief ....