Lots of problems

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
zappullae
Lots of problems

Post by zappullae » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 am

I'm having a heck of a time. I had my ooma for 2 months. It took that ling to get my number ported so I just started using it for real. Here's what I'm seeing.

1) I can't call my neighbor at all. 2 doors down, same cable ISP (Comcast). I don't get any ring feed back. I don't hear him at all. Dead silence on my end. He said he hears clicks. It used to work, although not good. He told me the volume was over loud and there was an echo.

2) My caller ID doesn't always come through to called persons.

3) When callers call in, some times there's not any ring here. One time the caller heard an All Circuits Busy message.

4) It takes way to long to actuly get ring feed back to know the call is connected.

5) It seems calling out long distance is better then local.

niknak

Re: Lots of problems

Post by niknak » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:13 am

Those are all problems that you should call ooma customer service about.

You should note the times the calls with problems happen and the numbers called.

Open a trouble ticket with support. It sound like a problem with OOMA's local partner in your rate center

lohertz

Re: Lots of problems

Post by lohertz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 am

Most definitely call customer service and give them the times and numbers of what you called so they can trouble shoot the network connection side and routing.