conference calls and long pauses of no sound

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Mike1
conference calls and long pauses of no sound

Post by Mike1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Hoping someone from ooma can answer my question. I have a strange issue that occurs when I am on a conference call for work. When someone extends the time of a bridge I get about a 1 min pause of no sound and then things go back to normal. I previously had packet8 for my voip service for 5 years and never experienced this issue. During the call there are no issues, it is only when a meeting is close to ending and it needs to be extended for 15 min. I have Verizon Fios internet.

This isn't something I would cancel my service over but if it can be fixed it would be great. Thanks.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: conference calls and long pauses of no sound

Post by Dennis P » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Very curious. What conferencing service do you use? Is it absolutely reproducible (happens every time someone extends the length of the conference call)? Does it happen at any other time?

Mike1

Re: conference calls and long pauses of no sound

Post by Mike1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Yes it is reproducable it happens everytime and never happens any other time other then the exact moment the conference call is extended. I'm not sure if who we use is considered a company secret I'd need to check with legal department on that. The company I work for is a 100k + employees with international offices, so we do a lot of conference calls. If there was an ooma tech available I could probably set up an audio bridge to reproduce the problem.

This isn't a huge issue on my end, if it's any easy fix or something ooma is interested in fixing I'd be willing to assist. Since the company is so large I'm sure you will hear more about this as time goes on and there are a lot of engineers here so some may be more picky then me. I'd probably want to take this more private though and not on the general forum.