echo and repeat words in today's calls

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
oomahz
echo and repeat words in today's calls

Post by oomahz » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi, I have problems to do long distance call as well as do the conference call. When another side talking, I could hear two or even three times repeating words. Even in internation calls, the money left in my account also repeated more than 2 times. I reset all my modem and ooma hub, the situation seems stayed there. Any advice?
Yesterday seems not bad. I just changed my ATT phone service to minimal, may ATT service change can cause these troubles?

mjv5864

Re: echo and repeat words in today's calls

Post by mjv5864 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:42 am

I'm experiencing the same issue.

buzzman

Post by buzzman » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:14 pm

In my case, it was a combination of using a headphone on a cordless phone. Once I took off the headphone, the problem went away. I didn't have this issue with my landline.

oomahz

Post by oomahz » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Update for my case.

After talking with ATT tech support, I did quite some diagnostic. Two issues were found:

1. ATT limited my download speed to 600K
2. my old router seems not working with heavy traffic

After I changed to a new router and ATT addressed the issue, the echo and repeat are gone. The quality is pretty good