Ooma to UK - often not working in the morning

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
hitchens97
Ooma to UK - often not working in the morning

Post by hitchens97 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:15 am

Guys - what's going on?

I very often can't get a call in to the UK (yes, I have enough purchased minutes), in the AM. I get a "Call cannot be connected at this time. Try again later".

I just gotta assume you're not purchasing enough lines, not enough bandwidth or using a dud partner.

It's simply unacceptable not to be able to make a call from US to UK in this day and age because "lines are busy". Never had this with AT&T.

I would like an explanation very soon on this.

hitchens97

Re: Ooma to UK - often not working in the morning

Post by hitchens97 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 am

and again this morning

oemjohn

Post by oemjohn » Thu May 07, 2009 1:14 pm

I've had the same issue since Tuesday. I also have enough minutes. Seperately when i was able to call the UK the quality was awful, had QOS set in an attempt to improve - nothing - OOMA told me it was the issue with their international carrier and nothing they can do about it!

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Thu May 07, 2009 10:18 pm

I've forwarded this issue to our carrier operations group, they will see if they can find anything.

And if you haven't already done so, PLEASE open up a ticket with our customer service folks. It is the best mechanism to get these kinds of issues resolved because we often need to work with you to identify specific call failures so that we can properly address the problem. If you've already talked to customer support and have an escalation ticket (should start with CS-XXXX), let me know and I can check on it for you.

hitchens97

Post by hitchens97 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:01 am

Dennis P wrote:I've forwarded this issue to our carrier operations group, they will see if they can find anything.

And if you haven't already done so, PLEASE open up a ticket with our customer service folks. It is the best mechanism to get these kinds of issues resolved because we often need to work with you to identify specific call failures so that we can properly address the problem. If you've already talked to customer support and have an escalation ticket (should start with CS-XXXX), let me know and I can check on it for you.
10037-26956

Again this morning to the UK. It is totally out of control. Happens every morning.

Unfortunately I've stopped recommending Ooma - in 2009, you just can't have a case where lines are busy to the UK - it's not happened to me for over 10 years on a regular phone carrier.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sat May 16, 2009 8:15 am

According to Dennis's last post you need call customer service and open up a ticket to get it fixed. I would call them as soon as possible. The forum is not going to help you much, we can't help you with this issue.
888-711-6662

Wayne