IS THERE SOMEONE WHO IS A VERIZON DSL 1M- 384K CONSUMER?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
mafer
IS THERE SOMEONE WHO IS A VERIZON DSL 1M- 384K CONSUMER?

Post by mafer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi !! sorry again.
I am trying to change my services from Comcast to Verizon, but I am not sure.
Someone has experience with Verizon 1- 384k?
thanks !!

nspope99

Re: IS THERE SOMEONE WHO IS A VERIZON DSL 1M- 384K CONSUMER?

Post by nspope99 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:56 pm

I have Verizon DSL (1M-384K) and find that I cannot use my AOL or Yahoo mail from my mail client unless I turn off SSL.

Similarly, I'm about to ship my OOMA back because I can't get that working with Verizon DSL either. I can surf the web with my computer connected to the OOMA (which is connected to my router/modem from Verizon) but the 1 & 2 buttons are RED and the tab is blinking RED. Nothing in the manual to tell me what to do next - after checking that I can surf the web and customer support is only available until 6pm which is too early for me to call from home. Pity, I thought this would be a good choice - I will have to revert to SKYPE.

Verizon help is also pretty useless - after five phone calls to them about the email issue it is still unresolved. I'd say don't go with Verizon DSL if you already have an OOMA and you want it to work.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:19 am

You can try to post your issues here (start a new thread) and I'm sure someone will help. I don't have DSL but others have it working with DSL.
Post your setup too (modem, router connections etc.)

Also, note that customer support is until 6:00 PM Pacific time which is 9 PM Eastern and they have phone support on Saturday and Sunday too. Plus you could always email your issues, although some have said they haven't been very responsive to support emails.

jmassimilla

Post by jmassimilla » Wed May 20, 2009 5:46 am

bw1 wrote:You can try to post your issues here (start a new thread) and I'm sure someone will help. I don't have DSL but others have it working with DSL.
Post your setup too (modem, router connections etc.)

Also, note that customer support is until 6:00 PM Pacific time which is 9 PM Eastern and they have phone support on Saturday and Sunday too. Plus you could always email your issues, although some have said they haven't been very responsive to support emails.

Just as a side note, I emailed customer support about an issue 2 days ago and I received a response within 24 hours. It hasn't been resolved as yet but a trouble ticket was issued and they are working on it.
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 am

NSPOPE99 -
I urge you to start a new post with your issues. We can help.

Try power cycling (tuning all your stuff off, then on) your modem/router and ooma. First turn off ooma, then turn off modem. Let it sit off for a few minutes. Turn on the modem, wait for it bit for the dsl to connect, then turn on ooma.

Start a new post, we'll get it fixed.

Wayne

jmassimilla

Post by jmassimilla » Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 am

jmassimilla wrote:
bw1 wrote:

Just as a side note, I emailed customer support about an issue 2 days ago and I received a response within 24 hours. It hasn't been resolved as yet but a trouble ticket was issued and they are working on it.
Update - Issue was fixed in less than 24 hours. Less than 48 hours from time I sent email to CS and problem resolution. I'd say that was a pretty decent response time. Thanks Louis!
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber