Incoming calls sent to voicemail after one ring

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Clicktor
Incoming calls sent to voicemail after one ring

Post by Clicktor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:10 pm

The last couple of days, incoming calls ring once, and then go to voicemail. When we pick up the phone we just get a dialtone. We're using a hub-and-scout combination. Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem?

jwill

Re: Incoming calls sent to voicemail after one ring

Post by jwill » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:09 am

I have the same exact issue as you but it has only started doing this since this morning. It will ring once, then the person calling gets sent straight to voice mail. :cry:

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Ooma Telo: Incoming calls ring once and go to voice mail, even though the voicemail envelope is blue. When this happens to us, as a temporary fix we correct the Ooma Telo's confused software program by (cycling), pressing the (blue) envelope until it changes to yellow, than pressing the (yellow) envelope again until it changes back to the color blue. Try this method and see if it works for you.

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:38 pm

ooma has posted elsewhere that they are aware of the problem, have developed a fix, but won't implement it for a few weeks because they are also working on other 'fixes'........ I haven't had the problem for a week or so now since I switched back to my old separate router and modem with the ooma in between. I HAD upgraded to an all in one unit with ooma after the router. Don't know if that has anything to do with my no having anymore calls going to voice mail after one ring.

akajustm

Post by akajustm » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:50 am

For me this issue has become markedly worse, nearly every single call I have ends up being sent to voicemail. It isn't even consistently the same amount of rings. Sometimes I never hear it ring, sometimes it's 1 ring sometimes it's 2. Now I don't even try to answer the phone.
I'm also having call sound drop outs and really bad delays. I've run speed tests and the QOS tests and it's not my connection. I have rebooted the hubs (I have 2) and rebooted my router and modem to no avail. It's really frustrating and I am considering going back to comcast because at least I didn't have all these issues using them.

gtoal

Post by gtoal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:13 am

This ancient problem has just resurfaced for me... I've been using Ooma for ages and had it all adjusted the way I want - pick up after 59 seconds, my original home land line phone number ported in as a second line with Ooma Premier and call forwarding for that number correctly going to Google Voice...

A day or two ago, calls to that number started being picked up by Ooma after 1 ring, maybe 2 sometimes. Far too short for us to have any chance of answering the phone.

I don't believe there are any buttons on the device that could turn voicemail on again like that which I might have pressed accidentally, and I certainly haven't logged in to the Ooma service to change any settings until right now, when I was able to confirm that my settings are correct and unchanged.

I did see one post that suggested it might be a problem with the device and to reboot it, so I powered it off and on and called myself from an unrelated cell phone, but same problem persists.

I can only conclude this is a problem at the Ooma end, and the symptoms are identical to what is described in this old thread from 2009. Has something changed at Ooma???

thanks

Graham

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:09 am

I see that Google Voice Extensions (GVE) is now disabled on your 55 number so the problem should be resolved. If GVE is enabled you should always call the Google Voice number (GVN) which then forwards to your 55 number rather than call the 55 number directly.

http://support.ooma.com/home/google-voice-extensions/

ariklin

Post by ariklin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:12 am

Having the same issue on and off lately. Very annoying as I prefer the google voicemail over ooma's and now I have to go to ooma's site to get my voicemail. Don't know what happened. I didn't change anything.