Echos

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
jimayers
Echos

Post by jimayers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi - I have been having good quality calls except for the last couple months. Now callers are complaining about echos. This happens about every 2nd or 3rd call. Every 4rth or 5th call, my family experiences the echo from our side of the conversation. Very bothering, can somebody help?

We have been experiencing some other problems which I will write in other posts.

Thanks - Jim Ayers

dlong

Re: Echos

Post by dlong » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Same here. Is this happening on just local or on ALL calls. So far. this is my worst beef aside from the cracking/distortion. I would venture to say most of us are experiencing the same issues.

jimayers

Post by jimayers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I am not expecting superior call quality, but the echoing is below par. I have only been experiencing it within the last couple months and NOT on every call.

I am still very much sold on the product and am confident the issue will get resolved. Oomas customer care and support have been wonderful to me in the past.

Jim A

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Echo is my main problem as well. I think the problem is due to some of the partners that are used by ooma and unless we are able to make them aware of what is happening, they will not be able to take care of it. My suggestion would be to document times and numbers called that are a problem. Note if the call is incoming or outgoing, then call support to report what you are finding. Right now they are working to eliminate a partner in the South Puget Sound (Olympia, Shelton, and surrounding areas) that is causing problems. With your input, they can make the experience great for all of us.

Over the last three weeks that I have been dealing with this issue I have found support to be very understanding and they really want to make the ooma experience a good one. Both yesterday and today I received calls from high-level management assuring me that the problem was being addressed. Funny, even when I worked for Microsoft, Bill Gates never called me to ask how my computer was doing.

I am more impressed with ooma than I have been with any other product in recent years. Although they may have long wait times due to a lot of new customers, and sometimes you will get a really green rep who is still reading from a script, these are wonderful people working for a great company. Lets give them a chance to make our experience stellar. When you call them, be polite, concise, firm, understanding, and have a little grace for the person with whom you are talking. I guarantee you will get good results.

Just my humble opinion - YMMV. But as an ooma customer, I'm here to stay!
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

shugrue

Post by shugrue » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 am

I might be wrong about this but I had echo problems with a Nextel i205 phone about two years ago. This had nothing to do with ooma. I didn't even know what ooma was back then. It turned out to be a problem with the earpiece volume setting and the phone carry case I had the phone in. I'm not sure why but I think the audio was feeding back to the phone mic. For those of you experiencing this problem try turning down the earpiece volume or just speak into the phone quieter. If that helps then you can take it from there. Also I believe I'm having problems with 5.8Ghz phones and interference that results in stutter. More on that later.

-pat

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:37 am

Posted to another thread by Crazypinoy9:
Crazypinoy9 wrote:So I was searching the web for anyone else outside of this forum that are having problems with ooma and I ran into this:

http://www.voipmechanic.com/phoneandvoicequality.htm

It's not specific to ooma but might be able to give some of you things to test and mess around with. Hope this helps someone!
Thanks...

oomg
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.