irregular calls they can hear me but i cant hear them

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
micovic
Re: irregular calls they can hear me but i cant hear them

Post by micovic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:00 am

Thunderbird i am a newbie , that info is confusing, my head is spinning, i would not know how to start to configure router, i have a netgear router, so i would put ooma hub in one of the free router ports and see if there is a qos in the router setup and enable or disable it.?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:23 am

Yes, plug a cable from one of the four router ports to the Ooma device.

Enable QoS in router. Disable QoS in Ooma device.

Note: some newer routers will provide QoS automatically without need to enable QoS.

micovic

Post by micovic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:23 am

ok thank you so much, i kindly appreciate your help, how long have you had ooma and is yours working fine?

i will try later ,dont have time now ,today it seems to be working ok, also ooma is sending me a new unit to try, i dont know if it will be used or not, o know this one is new, what do you think i should do?

Thank you again for your kind help.

Mick,

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:27 am

I would probably wait and try the replacement Ooma device.

stevepierce

Post by stevepierce » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Thunderbird,

Yes I did everything you suggested including suggestion 1d setting it to 0K/0K (disabling QoS), as well 2K above and 4K above rated speeds for up and down, absolutely no difference.

My tested speed to speedtest.net is 24Mbs down and 7.5Mbs up.

Please remember the problem is intermittent, meaning some numbers work and other don't. When the number fails, it always fails, so it is a consistent and repeatable failure.

Because some numbers work and others don't, this points to a problem at Ooma and their carrier exchange points and not at the individual Telo or the ISP being used by the customer.

I believe I can consistently recreate the problem on your unit if you want. Sign up for a free Google Voice account and get a number and we can do a little testing and I can show you how it will fail.

Cheers!

- Steve

Subject: iCHOP

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:06 am

Ooma Moderator ntoy: Please help and give an update as to what Ooma is doing to correct the "irregular calls they can hear me but i cant hear them" Problems that many people are complaining about on this board?

micovic

Post by micovic » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 am

I recieved my new ooma hub yesterday, and the same thing happens, i hope they send out new hubs and not refurbished? i had a ticket open for them to check the carrier, now i have only 2 numbers that dont work,also when i hooked up my old box which is a month and a half old it would get stuck on speaker-brightness-pager light blinking, waited half hour and they still blink. But the new hub boots up pretty quick.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:01 pm

micovic: Let us know how your Ooma carrier check comes out.
Good Luck

micovic

Post by micovic » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Hello And Merry Christmas To All,

It must have been a carrier issue because i got my new ooma hub and had the same issue, so i returned the one they sent me because it was a refurb, and mine was only a month and a half old, i then called their tech support and spoke with level 2 and told them the numbers i was having problems with, and today so far the numbers i was having problems with are working, "THANK GOD" finally ooma seems flawless, will report if i have more issues, but i,m happy with ooma today and what a coincidence its my birthday!!!!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a great day,

Goooo Oooooma!!!!!!!!
Mick,

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Mick, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. Glad it all worked out for you.