Service is Unreliable

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
dldave
Service is Unreliable

Post by dldave » Thu May 12, 2011 4:50 pm

We have been using Ooma for about 6 mo. During that time we have experience many instances of calls being dropped and when dropped, being unable to call out to any number for several minutes. Also, in many cases, the caller is unable to call back in.

There are several numbers that won't connect at any time. The message is very curt: "That number cannot be connected", or some such. We are forced to use a cell phone to call them, and the cell always works.

Once we feel we have had enough, we will consider switching to something more reliable. Never had any problems like this with a land line.

lbmofo

Re: Service is Unreliable

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 12, 2011 5:12 pm

I've had Ooma since March of last year, I had a dropped call only once. Even that once, I am not sure if it was Ooma's fault.

What you are describing as far as dropped calls and not being able to call most likely has to do with your internet modem or router going belly up.

Check this out related to Voice Quality: viewtopic.php?t=10023

WayneDsr

Re: Service is Unreliable

Post by WayneDsr » Mon May 23, 2011 6:37 am

I've had Ooma since Jan 2009 and dropped calls rarely happen. However at one point in time, my internet would drop out, and stay down for about 30 seconds or so and reconnect. It happened so quickly and "behind the scenes" so to speak, I never noticed it was down unless I was on a call.

After much testing I found it to be my DSL modem. I had it for quite some time and it was starting to go out. A new modem did the trick, I haven't had a dropped connection since then.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member