dropping outgoing calls

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
viajero8
dropping outgoing calls

Post by viajero8 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 am

so,my phone was working for many weeks, then all of a sudden in the last two days, now when i try to dial out locally, i get a dialtone, dial the number, it rings once and then nothing, dead or it rings once or twice and then then i get a vibrating sound in my earpiece, no more rings. i have confirmed that the phone rings on the other end, but when the person answers, all they get is a click, then dead. i can't even make local calls. anyone have any idea what is going on or how to fix it? barry

thunderbird

Re: dropping outgoing calls

Post by thunderbird » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:03 am

viajero8 wrote:so,my phone was working for many weeks, then all of a sudden in the last two days, now when i try to dial out locally, i get a dialtone, dial the number, it rings once and then nothing, dead or it rings once or twice and then then i get a vibrating sound in my earpiece, no more rings. i have confirmed that the phone rings on the other end, but when the person answers, all they get is a click, then dead. i can't even make local calls. anyone have any idea what is going on or how to fix it? barry
Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

Probably the reboot will fix your problem, but if it doen't try this next:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

jonathansand

Re: dropping outgoing calls

Post by jonathansand » Tue May 29, 2018 3:14 pm

I have roughly the same problem. I make a call, wait a bit, hear one ring, then silence for maybe a minute, then another ring or two, etc. I tried the factory reset (*#*#099,1), heard the fast busy signal, hung up. When I made the call again, same problem occurs. I've also turned the telo unit off, but not for twenty minutes. I'll try that next, but I wanted to ask for any other suggestions (I am no longer optimistic)