Background Noise

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
slim26
Background Noise

Post by slim26 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Hello,

I'm a new member of the ooma community. I just hooked up my ooma last week and for the most part am satisfied with the service. I previously had Comcast digital voice, and Vontage before this.

One thing that I notice is that when I call the ooma line, it seems that background noises such as the tv and other voices seem very amplified. It doesn't seem like this was an issue before.

Any suggestions (other then going into a silent room to use the phone) on how to not have the phone pick up the background noises so much?

Thanks.

WayneDsr

Re: Background Noise

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

It sounds like a phone issue rather than ooma. Try turning the volume down on the phone and seeing if that makes any difference.

Wayne

slim26

Post by slim26 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks -- will give that I try on my next call.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:26 pm

I know what you mean by background noise. For some reason my ears are very sensitive to background noise and I'm not comfortable unless I'm away from any noise at all. I'm that way with cell phones as well.
The Panasonic Dect 6 phones I use on ooma have a headphone jack and when I make important phone calls, I use a headphone/mic combination.
This seems to be better than the phone itself.

Wayne