No incoming sound

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
thunderbird
Re: No incoming sound

Post by thunderbird » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:56 am

KennyC:
Look at this thread that appears to has a temporary and permanent fix for your problem:

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=42514

KennyC

Post by KennyC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi,

Thanks everyone's input and suggestions and Norm from L3 support. After isolated the problem of my modem/router (Netgear), I checked the router setup and found nothing special. I went to Netgear home site and looked up the Downloads. I found the following message (in red). I downloaded the new version of the firmware. My "no incoming sound" problem is fixed.

I then removed Ooma from DMZ, Ports Forwarding for the nine sets of suggested Ooma ports and static IP address in the Ooma box. I'm glad that I don't even have to disable firewall or SIP which will make me so uncomfortable even for a very short period of time. In between each removal, I repowered modem/router and Ooma one by one in the right order. The Ooma remains functional in each time. In conclusion, my problem is the modem/router. Once I downloaded the new version of the firmware, everything is working properly.

DG834v4/DG834Gv4 Firmware Version 5.03.16 (for North America)
This firmware is only for DG834v4 or DG834Gv4. Do not use on any other DG834 product!
For users in North America only.
New Features & Bug Fixes:

Fixed a problem where inbound audio when using VoIP phones could be garbled.
Added support for NAT loopback.
Fixed a performance problem with regard to PS3 on-line gaming.

alliyance

Post by alliyance » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 am

Same problem here since last night (March 17) from Canada. Everything went well until the sound started to cut and then the system went down, Had to reboot the ooma hub with success. Now this morning, someone was trying to call me, couldn't here them. Try the press play on the ooma to access my voice mail, nothing. Had the reboot again by unpluging the ooma device. Anyone had the same problem?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Try the press play on the ooma to access my voice mail, nothing.
Your unit ran into bug 9681 which is a bug that crops up on some networks. The solution is to power cycle the box. That will work most of the time. If not then call support and they will escalate the issue.

alliyance

Post by alliyance » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am

Is there a software update that I can download or I need to call them so they can reboot my system?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:47 am

alliyance wrote:Is there a software update that I can download or I need to call them so they can reboot my system?
A reboot of the system is to remove power from the Ooma Telo, then repower it.

alliyance

Post by alliyance » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 am

Just called them and it seem that I'm not the only one who is having this problem. People are trying to call me but they get a busy signal. I've try to call myself from my cell phone, still the busy signal. They told me it will take time to fix the problems since it's a big issue with a lot of customers from Canada.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 am

This inbound problem is separate from what I commented on earlier. Since your power cycle that problem has not reappeared. I see a number of successful inbound calls today, so is the problem intermittent or only for calls from certain numbers?

alliyance

Post by alliyance » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 am

Just for certain numbers but I think they fixed it because evertyhing seem to work. Hope it last :D

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 am

Tom B wrote:This inbound problem is separate from what I commented on earlier. Since your power cycle that problem has not reappeared. I see a number of successful inbound calls today, so is the problem intermittent or only for calls from certain numbers?
Having the same issue. Power cycle does not resolve and don't expect it to because the failover number does not work.
Have sent my clients with Ooma a status update. They all report the same issue.

L2 CS said the problem is Ontario wide.
Ooma to Ooma works.
Inbound to my US number works
Inbound to my Canadian number worked temporarily, but now fails again (three short beeps when calling from my cell phone, then disconnect)
All outbound calls work.

Just tested 3:14pm EST. Problem persists.

Please update @ooma_status Twitter feed.
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0