I sell Ooma's all the time

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
in2dadark
I sell Ooma's all the time

Post by in2dadark » Wed May 06, 2009 6:55 pm

I was in a Best Buy tonight and told the clerk ther about ooma. He was telling me his mom and dad are snow birds an use vonage. I bet the aren't using vonage in a couple of months. I must have sold at least 10 in the few months I've had my unit.

Soundjudgment

Re: I sell Ooma's all the time

Post by Soundjudgment » Wed May 27, 2009 11:27 am

For those who dare not ask it themselves:

".................. what?"
ooma customer since December 2008
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Premier, Lifetime Member
<< The following line intentionally left blank >>

o6richter

Post by o6richter » Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 pm

I've already impressed several people who could not tell I was not using a landline phone.

With my satellite TV I get 50 bucks for every referral customer and they get a discount too - OOMA Inc should offer something for referrals.

Word of mouth is some of the best advertising. 1 - people can try it and hear how good it sounds - 2 they know the person on the other end is not pulling their leg.

It's the difference in me telling people they can get a good deal and bragging about my ooma or just making a phone call

RR

awasti

Post by awasti » Wed May 27, 2009 8:35 pm

"With my satellite TV I get 50 bucks for every referral customer and they get a discount too - OOMA Inc should offer something for referrals."

Agreed. I have been referring people to Ooma too. Would be nice to get some recognition for that - maybe discounts on Premier service for this or next year?

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu May 28, 2009 3:25 am

awasti wrote:"With my satellite TV I get 50 bucks for every referral customer and they get a discount too - OOMA Inc should offer something for referrals."

Agreed. I have been referring people to Ooma too. Would be nice to get some recognition for that - maybe discounts on Premier service for this or next year?
Since Ooma isn't just another service but also offers massive savings for the people you refer it to, that is reward enough for me. Plus, it isn't like Ooma has the deep pockets to shell out rewards for the long term revenue. Maybe when they get in the black for a couple of years in a row would we see something, but for now I wouldn't expect it. Ooma is a super tiny company in comparison to the other companies you are talking about.

I do agree it would be nice, but I don't think it's something we can realistically expect for the time being.

Scott

niknak

Post by niknak » Thu May 28, 2009 7:11 am

...with my satellite TV I get 50 bucks for every referral customer and they get a discount too - OOMA Inc should offer something for referrals...

Ooma is already free so what kind of discount should they get?
Ooma is a good deal as is, why mess with it?

o6richter

Post by o6richter » Thu May 28, 2009 8:33 pm

niknak wrote:
...with my satellite TV I get 50 bucks for every referral customer and they get a discount too - OOMA Inc should offer something for referrals...

Ooma is already free so what kind of discount should they get?
Ooma is a good deal as is, why mess with it?
Ooma may be free, but they could offer a couple months of premiere service or maybe just one feature of the service for a year such as a second number or another feature. They could do this at no cost to them if they are providing the referring pary a service that costs them nothing.

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri May 29, 2009 3:00 am

They already give you 60 days of Premier service when you register a new hub. That is plenty of time to decide if Premier is of value to you.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Sat May 30, 2009 5:41 am

ooma did have a referral program awhile back. But I tell people about ooma. Some have a "technological" gap that they don't want to overcome.

I think it would be fun to sell them because I just love the fact that my phone service is completely free.