Ooma occasionally reboots when I receive a call.

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
KumarM
Re: Ooma occasionally reboots when I receive a call.

Post by KumarM » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:46 am

I have a similar problem on my Telo happening since last week. I had replaced the power adapter with my other ooma device to eliminate power adapter issue someone mentioned in this thread. I can make & receive calls for a little while but then if I wait about an hour or so and then place a call to my Ooma number, the call ring through and while picking up, there is garbage sound, i can't hear and they cann't hear me. At the same moment, I see the Telo unit start rebooting, after which inbound & outbound calls start working again for a little while until the next failure. No change in internet, or introduced any new devices in network.

Multiple calls to customer support and haven't resolved the issue yet. Every time they says they have made changes and wait for another day and then call back if it happens the same. Very much frustrated with the support.

Any assistant / solution would be appreciated.

KumarM

Post by KumarM » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:53 pm

After struggling through ooma level 1,2,3 support teams with no success, finally replaced the ooma telo device today. Hope everything will be all right with new unit. Keeping fingers crossed.

Vsmith

Post by Vsmith » Sun May 17, 2020 7:54 am

I know this topic is a couple of years old, but now mine is rebooting when receiving calls. Was there ever a fix?

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun May 17, 2020 8:32 am

It could be a failing power supply. The extra load to ring the phones could drop the voltage too low. How many and what type of phones are connected? If any are old phones with real bells, disconnect them to see if that clears the problem. The Telo is limited to 5 REN. The REN number for a phone should be on its label. If it doesn't have a REN number it is an old phone and should be retired. Modern phones have very low REN numbers. The REN of my Panasonic cordless base is 0.6.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

law

Post by law » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:05 am

Years ago I had that problem and after escalating to top tier engineering, they determined there was a bug that was triggered since I had a ton of contacts stored in my Telo. I thought they fixed that bug back then, but could be something similar. I had previously replaced the power supply, took the box to a different location, moved the box to a different internet connection, etc. which never fixed it. The low level support had me doing all that stupid stuff. Finally the engineers got involved and found the problem.