Ooma occasionally reboots when I receive a call.

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: Ooma occasionally reboots when I receive a call.

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:31 pm

how many wired phones is the telo phone port driving?

gzilla

Post by gzilla » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:07 am

Two.

I should note that the firmware upgrade to version 83117 is looking promising. I haven't been able to reproduce the reboot or had any incoming calls fail to come through (as far as I could notice) for the past 24 hours since the upgrade.

Now, I wish I could see what fixes/improvements that firmware version provides.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 am

last night I upgraded your telo to 84565 which is the release going out today

TGL

Post by TGL » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:16 am

I am experiencing this same problem on the 2nd generation Telo, started the thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17719

Chick

Post by Chick » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Almost every call that comes in causes a reboot! God internet speed, jitter 5 I have rebooted Ooma unit, router and modem numerous times. Called tech support bumped up tear she said she would call me to check rebooted on her call. I called back and got moved up to another tear, went through the same routine again, same questions, same answers, insisted I try calling from my cell phone, they called me rebooted again. Next time I they moved me up to a third tier in the states, same test same results. This guy saidI should reboot my Ooma again, I said I had already done this many times. He said that he had made changes and I. Had to reboot again after disconnecting for 2 minutes. I did still the same problem.

How do I get a tech who doesn't just read a script and cares about solving the problem and letting me out of Ooma Hell! I can even put up with the bull as long as I get results.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Thread on this is viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17388. I've disabled your addressbook to workaround the problem. We're making progress on narrowing this down.

Chick

Post by Chick » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:25 am

Thanks Tom B,

After two days of this it was the attitude of the 5 techs, "It can't be us. You must be doing something wrong" that was really winding me up.

Thanks Again,
Chick

Chick

Post by Chick » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:13 am

Back in Ooma hell again!
After a few days of everything working wonderful Ooma is back to disconnecting. The variation this time is when I hang up on an anonymous call that is suppose to, but doesn't happen automatically Ooma goes to flashing red and requires a reboot or two to get back on line.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 am

Please clarify. Since the upgrade your logs don't show any reboots.

Chick

Post by Chick » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Turns out the problem this time was the Lynx box. A manual reset solved the problem.