UPDATE TO FIX CLICKING NOISE ?

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
HANKMUDDJR
Re: UPDATE TO FIX CLICKING NOISE ?

Post by HANKMUDDJR » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:33 am

The clicking started back again today.last night when i got back home i seen the blue light was on again and it only does that when it is updated or the internet goes down.
you just upgraded it on 1-9-14 and it was fine,which it was fine before you done the upgrade,whatever you changed the first time on 12-14-13 it worked fine until now.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:34 am

Thank you. It's fine again now. My apologies for the accidental reboot.

HANKMUDDJR

Post by HANKMUDDJR » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Thanks again tom,just got off the phone and no clicking.

Skelmo

Post by Skelmo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:50 am

Hi Tom-
I emailed you directly yesterday about my mother's clicking noise. Thanks for upgrading her to Beta, the clicking is gone, but now when she speaks the sound is choppy and garbled sometimes. I've had her run speed tests over and over and she's averaging 12mb down and 1 up. I just called her and recorded about 30 seconds of the call - I will reply to the info email that was sent with the recording. She has no problem hearing anyone, it's only other people hearing her. Appreciate any help, doing tech support for my 80 year mother is taking years off my life :)

Thanks, Jim

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:51 PM
Subject: Call quality solution

Hello Skelmo,

So people calling her number hear a click every 10 sec? Have upgraded the
unit to beta release. Let me know if the problem is resolved.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Your call is the one from Skype, correct? The unit is behind a router. Is there anything else plugged into the router, so parallel to the telo? Does she have cable broadband? Is the problem continuing? Other moderators here may have some suggestions.

MOSaverage downstream was 3.88, but unfortunately upstream the server dropped some log. In any case it would have shown some packet loss.

Skelmo

Post by Skelmo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:17 am

Yes, this call was from Skype only because that was the only way to record it. When I call her from my cell phone, it sounds exactly the same. The OOMA is plugged into an AT&T Uverse router. The only other device on it is her computer which she only uses for email. She ran a speed test that day and she was getting: download 12.46, upload 1.47.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 am

Is it possible for her to plug a different router into the Gateway and connect her Telo to that one? I used to have the AT&T Gateway and no problems at all, but some have done this and found a huge difference.

Donna

Skelmo

Post by Skelmo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:16 am

When I visit her next I will try. I did have At&t come out and replace the old router in case that was the issue. I've also used the At&t router with no issues and my place

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Any QoS on the router? QoS shouldn't really be the issue here as she just uses the computer for email, but possibly there's congestion upstream from her.

Lurker501

Post by Lurker501 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 pm

I am also getting a clicking/popping noise ever 10 seconds or so.
How do I tell if I'm configured correctly?