Static

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ahteneyck
Re: Static

Post by ahteneyck » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:33 am

I don't have a router, I just have the Ooma hub, the modem, the computer and the telephone. Last night there was an echo on the phone on one of my calls, but today there have been no issues. I don't know if it's just certain numbers that I call or that call me that I have issues with, or if it just decides to act up randomly.

trim81

Post by trim81 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:58 pm

actually, starting since last night and today, a few calls (maybe 8-10) or so has been static for me too.

Last night, i got echoes again.

im in Southern California... calls are to and from so cal and nor cal..

Nothings changed on my end in terms of setup or hardware

ahteneyck

Post by ahteneyck » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:04 am

I think I'm going to call Ooma on Monday to see if there is anything they can do to fix the problem/problems. Sometimes it is fine and the call quality is clear and other times it is so bad I or the other person can hardly carry on a conversation because it keeps cutting out.

bluesgene

Post by bluesgene » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Don't know how you made out with Ooma support but I've had echo problems since I went no-landline the first week of August that Ooma knows about. It's unbearable: can't even carry on a conversation when it happens which is at least 50% of the time. The only advice they've given me so far was to connect my Scout directly to the Hub instead of the house wiring but that didn't help. The last time Ooma contacted me concerning this was 9-11-08 although other contacts were scheduled by email no one ever called me back.
. . . GOOD LUCK!