Reduce Mic gain level

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
rich2871
Reduce Mic gain level

Post by rich2871 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:04 am

Is there a setting that will allow me to reduce the Mic input gain level for the HD2 handset? When we make any calls from the handset, the receiving party says the audio level is way too loud and is being over modulated. A setting on the phone to reduce this gain level would greatly improve the audio quality of the handset when calling out. The volume into the handset is great, and can easily be adjusted, but not the mic level. If I am missing this setting can someone please let me know where it is, but I have browsed through all menus and do not see anything related to mic gain levels.

If this is not a setting, I am requesting it be added to a firmware upgrade. Currently I do not like using the phone because of how loud it come through for the people I am calling. When I receive a call from this phone I have to turn the volume on my personal phone way down every time I get a call from the HD2 phone.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

oomamaniacal

Re: Reduce Mic gain level

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:01 pm

I suggest using a Panasonic handset instead.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Curt K

Re: Reduce Mic gain level

Post by Curt K » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:01 am

I have the same question. The mic gain on the HD2 handset is set way too high. Is there really no way to turn it down?

Tom_Bl

Speaker level

Post by Tom_Bl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 am

Speaker level: I use a Nortel which has a volume control - which I have to turn almost all the way down. If I don't do that the sound is distorted. Since the Nortel is used with other devices I would like to adjust this volume level on the Ooma.