some calls delay in connecting

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
TheBeachHouse
some calls delay in connecting

Post by TheBeachHouse » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:15 am

I've noticed that when calling numbers that answer with an auto attendant without first ringing, I don't hear the first couple of words. This does not happen when I call the same number with my cell phone or another voip. It doesn't affect usability but it would be nice to know that I'm not missing things.

srblunk

Re: some calls delay in connecting

Post by srblunk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:35 am

In my case it doesn't just occur with machine-answered calls (although mostly only with local calls) and so it can cause a problem. There are three numbers that I need to call not using coma, because those people will hang up if they don't hear me speaking within a second or two. I haven't found a solution, but wish you luck.

srb

ro2516

Re: some calls delay in connecting

Post by ro2516 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:27 pm

I've experienced this same problem during different periods. It went on for quite a while earlier this year but then went away. It started happening again recently, both on in-state and out-of-state calls. The person I'm calling will say "hello" but I won't hear it the first time. If they say "hello" again rather than hang up, I will hear them the 2nd time.