Poor calll quality

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
gumbeaux
Poor calll quality

Post by gumbeaux » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Our callers have complained of poor call quality- slurred speech and breaking up. ( yes they were sober ) I used the online tech
and they had me do some test. Ping test was 36 Line quality was B+ Ping was 36ms and jitter 3ms. Speed test was;
Download 15.10 and Upload 2.24. After they did their hocus pocus we waited but everything was still the same. This generally happens about 15 steps from the Telo and in the area of the kitchen going into the hallway ( give or take ) I have called my wife on my cell and have heard this same thing. I went ahead and changed out our new panasonic phones with our old set but we still have the same issues. BTW Ooma recently (3-4 month ago) sent us a new telo and things were OK for a while but we are back to the same problem.

Thanks for your help

gumbeaux

Re: Poor calll quality

Post by gumbeaux » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:17 am

Anybody? echo...echo

RichL

Re: Poor calll quality

Post by RichL » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:02 pm

I don't have much experience with Ooma nor am I an expert on any of this but I will take a SWAG at your problem.
I am assuming that you have a Panasonic cordless phone system with a base and at least one handset? I am also assuming that you have your Ooma Telo hardwired into your router and the Panasonic base is plugged into the Telo ?
If my assumptions are correct then my opinion is that the issue is not with the Telo since you have a dead spot in just one area of your home. Also since you have already swapped the Panasonic units you can rule out those as the problem. Could you have something in that area of the house that is partially blocking the signal from the Panasonic base to it's handset? Or could there be some other device with a similar frequency in that area?
Rich