no audio on incoming calls to Ooma Telo

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ironbrad
Re: no audio on incoming calls to Ooma Telo

Post by ironbrad » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:53 pm

So many of us are having this problem, but we have changed nothing in our system, and in my case, I'm direct Ooma to cable-modem; the router is after Ooma.

Do we all need to change our QoS if we have 10Mbps or better? does this fix the common issue being reported in the forums by many?

I'll repeat that Ooma needs to identify and fix whatever they need to. Too many users with the same problem for too long now. Forum problems/complaints are what I checked out on Vonage and decided NOT to go with them. Problems happen. It is how the companies handle them that matters.

atch71

Post by atch71 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:18 pm

I've had Ooma since 3/2015 with no problems. Now, I've got the same problem and have had it for about 3 weeks. When I call a friend (knowing for sure he is home), it rings and rings and rings. He has Ooma also. Sometimes it will ring and he answers to a dead line, either that or he reverts to dial tone. Sometimes it rings right through with no problem. He has the same problem when calling me. Whenever either one of us gets this problem we will hang up and call back most of the time with no problem.
Also, others outside of Ooma, have tried calling me. I get no ring here at home but call goes to Ooma voicemail. I have my own answering system set to answer after 4 rings. Ooma voice mail is set to 59 seconds till it picks up.
Ooma support, What the heck are you doing to fix a known issue like this? :cry:

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:32 pm

atch71, when did you set upstream internet speed to 0 in setup.ooma.com or did support do that?

atch71

Post by atch71 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Tom B.
Not sure what you are talking about. I did nothing except contact Ooma support about this. If anything they might have changed something. As I said up until about 3-4 weeks ago everything was AOK. Now this RNA and no audio is happening intermittently. I'm going to report to Support again. Maybe if enough of us keep complaining SOMETHING will get done. I do know a bit about telecommunications. I was in the business for 35+ years, both inside and outside. I realize VOIP is a different animal but there have to be a few similarities somewhere along the line in ops.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:22 pm

please try now

atch71

Post by atch71 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:58 am

Tom B
I contacted support from friends home who was having same issues yesterday. After going through all the reboots and everything else the tech wanted me to do (and had already done several times), we made test calls. My test calls went through fine fom friend's home to mine also to local telco silent termination test number. Her first call to me had ring-back tone on her end for a full minute, then went to Ooma Voicemail. It did not ring at the residence. She called a second time and it came right through. Shen opened an escalation ticket #170312001247. As of now I'm waiting for word from "engineers" to see if the problem has been resolved. As a side note, I was still at my friend's home when his daughter called from NY. Phone rang and he picked up after 2-3 rings...dead silence. He waited for about 20 seconds then his daughters voice came through.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:56 am

Issue on your telo should be resolved. Please PM your friend's info.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:22 am

atch71, adjusted QoS on your friend's telo

tkd71

Post by tkd71 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks for all the replies/comments and to Tom B for pushing an update to my Ooma. I also received an email response to an open Ooma ticket saying the same thing. I dialed [*#*#001], no brackets, on a phone connected to the Ooma Telo to get the current software version running on the Ooma which is: 179239. I'm not sure what the version was previously. We've only received a single phone call since the update and the audio worked perfectly. I'll monitor over the next week or two and post the results here.

17tath

Post by 17tath » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Tom B,
I've been having the same issue with most calls in the past 2-3 weeks:
Incoming calls: My Telo phone rings, I answer and hear silence then dial tone after ~30 seconds. The calling party (I tested with my cell phone) hears ringing and ringing, and then to voicemail.
Outgoing calls: I dial out and hear a long silence. Sometimes the call gets through eventually; many times it doesn't.

My setup is modem<-->Telo. No router.