East coast server

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
WildAboutMusik
Re: East coast server

Post by WildAboutMusik » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:52 am

Hi. Could someone check and move me over to the east coast server if I'm not already on it? and would switching my codec to the G711 (uncompressed) help with the delays I'm still experiencing???????

hbouma

Post by hbouma » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:13 am

Voice quality on my end of the call is not good. Dropped/garbled words, noise etc. Please move to the east coast server if I am not already there.
Thanks

jdenenberg

Post by jdenenberg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 am

My new Ooma service periodically has quality issues in the outgoing direction. The other party reports that my voice is breaking up.

WildAboutMusik

Post by WildAboutMusik » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:48 am

well, I called back today - echo and delay horrible - got a guy hard to understand.....only thing he wanted me to do was directly connect Ooma to Modem (have it to router)....had to hang up to get extra hands to do that...well I didn't even bother trying a test call because it DROPPED my internet speed by more than 1/2! Was getting 290-300Mbps - with Oom direct to Modem best I got was 94.2.....NOT an option.
and Again he ignored me on the 'East Coast Server' again -- about ready to drop Ooma and save the $5.xx a month :(
#frustratedcustomer!

HIGHTIDE

Post by HIGHTIDE » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:11 pm

We continuously have voice delay problems;possibly 1/2 duplex.
Please move us to the East coast server if presently on the West coast server.
Thank you.

Loudoun

Post by Loudoun » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:33 am

I have a slight voice delay problem too.It sounds like a 0.5 to 1 second delay.
Please move me to the East coast server if presently on the West coast server.
Also, could you switch my codec to the G711 (uncompressed)?
My internet downlink is 400Mbps and uplink is 20Mbps. The bandwidth should be fine.

Thank you very much!

dqtech

Post by dqtech » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:17 pm

My internet connection is 150Mbps DL and 15Mbps UL.
I have tried both methods to connect the Ooma Telo: Modem-Ooma-Router and Modem-Router-Ooma.
With both connection configurations I have this issue where I cannot hear the person on the other line. The audio blanks out and sound like a garbled electronic sound.
I do notice a huge difference in connection speed when the Ooma is connected in front of my Router. My DL speed goes down to ~20Mbps to 45Mbps.

Is there a solution to this problem? How can I find out what server I am connected to?
I am located in Ontario, Canada.

billstormont

Post by billstormont » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:25 pm

After six+ months of flawless sound quality, it began to slip a few months ago—"your call is breaking up, I can't understand you" became a familiar refrain. It appears to be a common issue now, and as I read requests from other members to be switched to "the east coast server," may I ask to be included in that group? Hoping it will make a difference, as I really want to continue using Ooma. Thanks kindly.

sheilah

Post by sheilah » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:15 am

Can someone tell me if I am already on the East Coast Server?
We have intermittent call quality issues (on the other end, people say our voice is breaking up) and it's gotten worse, not better since going live on Ooma Telo nearly two years ago.

leafsfanatic

Post by leafsfanatic » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada, please add me to the east coast server as well.