East coast server

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
gribnif
Re: East coast server

Post by gribnif » Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Hi Tom,

Could you please move me to the East coast server, to hopefully help with latency? Thanks!

michaeljj

Post by michaeljj » Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 am

I too am having the same problem with the Ooma Telo I purchased a couple of months ago. The person on the receiving end hears beeps and my voice cuts out while everything sounds mostly okay at my end. I live in Maryland. I see a lot of posts re the East Coast server helping the problem. Can I be switched to the EC server to see if that helps the problem.

DWMills

Post by DWMills » Fri May 22, 2020 5:20 pm

I was switched to the east coast server around 2017 & have been happy since......
Until recently.
Have too many others been switched to the ECserver?
Maybe there is a 3rd server available?
Any help would be appreciated as I am missing 1/2 of EVERY word spoken.

delzar

Post by delzar » Sat May 23, 2020 7:37 pm

I'm on the west coast and have been having drop outs and hash sounds on long distance calls. I've had Ooma since 2008 and have never had this type of problem. As a matter of fact, It's always been rock solid until the last 2-3 months. Is it worth being moved to the east server? It's getting real old having to have people repeat themselves. What's happening Ooma?

davidcharlessmith516

Post by davidcharlessmith516 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Could I please be moved to the East Coast server?

Thank you!

kriemer

Post by kriemer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:15 am

Several months of poor call quality. Could the East Coast Server be the solution?

Please move me over (if not already there).

Thanks

k

Vicini

Post by Vicini » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Don’t know if this applies. I stopped using my telo a few years ago because I was getting garbled audio and all phone calls were just way to loud. I hooked it back up today and still having the same issues. So loud, faxing just doesn’t work at all anymore. Would this East coast server help me?
Thank you

guill_019

Post by guill_019 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:32 am

Hi Tom,

I'm in Québec, so can you move me to the east cost server?
Thanks!

doni

Post by doni » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:09 am

Please move me to the East Coast server. Call quality issues (mainly the other person getting dropped audio, noise, etc. on calls.).

Thank you!

Richardz

Post by Richardz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:04 am

My call quality has been very poor for a little more than a year now. Broken voice mainly. Prior to this the system worked fine. At some point my ISP moved me to a new tower and I suspected that was the problem. I've been working with them for months trying to improve the phone service. They have upgraded my internet package and made several other adjustments but now say they don't think the problem is on their end. I'm just reading that some people have seen improved service by changing Ooma servers. Is this something I could try? Thanks.

BTW; I'm located in Eastern Ontario, near Ottawa.