Clicking Noise

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ldmitruk
Clicking Noise

Post by ldmitruk » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi,

I got a new Telo with HD2 handsets and we're getting a clicking noise both on our end and on the callers end of the line. The Telo is set up directly to the modem and is on release 173997. I've looked at solutions but they are from a few years ago and reference a version of the software that fixed problem and I would assume would in effect with release I have. Any thoughts on how to dewal with this?

Cheers!

oomamaniacal

Re: Clicking Noise

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 pm

Do you have an old phone that you could use for testing? That might let you know if the clicking is due to the cordless HD2s.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:57 am

I do have an older phone I can try.

ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:18 pm

We tried the older phone, a Panasonic wireless, and there was no clicking. I would have thought this would not be an issue with the newer Ooma hand sets.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 pm

I use a 2-line Panasonic system with my Telo. I like the talking caller ID feature which is not available with the HD2s, as well as other features. I use an Ooma Linx to provide the second line. If you are a Premier subscriber, and want the instant second line feature, you may want to consider a similar setup.

I also did not like the fact that the maximum number of HD2 extensions is four per Telo.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Well the clicking on the Ooma handsets continue. I can hear it start even as the numbers are dialing before the party I'm calling answers. Makes me think I wasted money buying the HD2's

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm

I am sorry about that.

I am surprised that it is happening on more than one handset. It makes me think that the phones might be susceptible to some nearby radio interference that the Panasonic phone is able to filter out. If the handsets are still within the return period, I would take them back. I doubt that replacing them under warranty would help, but I suppose you could try if Ooma indicates that the units were part of a batch that were not manufactured properly. Hopefully, it has nothing to do with the DECT radio module in your Telo because you then might experience the same thing with a Linx wireless jack. I have three Linxes and the sound quality is very good with all three.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

Fishface

Post by Fishface » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Try settings on your router for QoS. Turning them to "off" solved my problems with clicking and skipped words.