Recent call quality issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
roboman51
Re: Recent call quality issues

Post by roboman51 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:27 pm

I have had a lot of calls the past 2 weeks where the person on the other end of the line can not hear me but I hear them totally fine. I live in the Pacific North West... would being put on the East coast servers help me?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue May 09, 2017 2:39 am

No. The east coast server was set up to get a server closer to people that live on the east coast to reduce the delay in their conversations. In your case it would increase the delay in your conversations.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

studio crowleyhall

Post by studio crowleyhall » Thu May 11, 2017 10:20 am

It's good to know we are not crazy! Same problem - static our clients hear, but we cannot. Ooma support has tried adjusting settings on our base station and we've move phones away from routers, etc., to no avail.

Any help is appreciated!

bmistry22

Post by bmistry22 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I've been having choppy outgoing calls for at least a year. Please select the east coast server for my number. I'm already near the east coast so let me know if it was already set as the east coast server. Conversations for the receiver are extremely frustrating. Please help. Thank you.

omegavc

Post by omegavc » Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 pm

I've been having bad echo on my phone the last few days. Hearing my voice echo during a phone call is making it impossible to carry on a conversation with anyone. I'm on the west coast, is it better on the east coast server? If so can you please move me? :?:

henryj7

Post by henryj7 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 pm

This past October I replaced my HUB with a Telo. ever since then people I talk to tell me I'm breaking up. Also there seems to be a delay in conversation. Would switching to the east coast server help?

istein

Post by istein » Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 am

I'm not having quality issues in the actual calls, but receiving tons of dropped calls. Everything working fine then just drops to dialtone. Anything I can do to diagnose/fix?

roboman51

Post by roboman51 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:20 am

murphy wrote:No. The east coast server was set up to get a server closer to people that live on the east coast to reduce the delay in their conversations. In your case it would increase the delay in your conversations.
Any suggestions? I have had this setup for years. No change​ to network or ISP. People not hearing me makes it pointless / useless. This is intermittent and happens on wired phones on wired network.

Thanks

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri May 12, 2017 9:07 am

Run this test:

http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html

I recently had to get a new cable modem because the old one was dropping up to 17% of the outbound packets which made my voice unintelligible.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

RobK

Post by RobK » Wed May 17, 2017 6:18 am

I have had my OOMA for several years and all has been well, except for faxing but that is really a VOIP issue and not really an OOMA problem.

I have been having quality issues where the voice on the other end cuts out for a second or two (dropouts). This is making it impossible to carry on a conversation because I have to fill in the gaps as to what they are saying. Based in Toronto Ontario Canada

I have tried all the suggestions like turning of DECT, and it does not help.
I reset up the OOMA from scratch and same problem.

Please is there anything that can be done as I really need to have my phone working as I am dealing with some important issues and I need my phone.