Recent call quality issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
ililg2003
Re: Recent call quality issues

Post by ililg2003 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:15 am

How do you move to the East Coast.??? My ooma has a terrible choppy voice on MY end. I can hear the caller no problem .. Tom?

ililg2003

Post by ililg2003 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:23 am

Tom How do you move it to the EAST Coast?

ErJo219

Post by ErJo219 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Also had suddenly call quality issues.. primarily for international calls to Germany... Had to try some up to 3 times to get a half way decent connection. Curiously enough the call quality log on my Ooma says MOS was good.. It definitely wasn't... This is new up to now connections were fine...

galwayyank

Ooma are robbers,

Post by galwayyank » Sat May 18, 2019 4:53 am

Cancelled this crap service in January, no payment was taken out Feb and March and , then they started stealing my money April and May, just caught it today, how dare those thieves steal my money without my permission, do not use this crooked service.

The Beaches

Post by The Beaches » Fri May 24, 2019 7:04 pm

There’s an easy way to get a fast response from Ooma. Try posting your concerns on their Twitter and Facebook pages. These are the storefronts for new perspective clients. Don’t settle for the canned “call our support” answer. I was told about this when I purchased a major appliance from Home Depot and it arrived damaged. After a week of calls, I got no help from their customer service group. I flooded their Facebook and Twitter accounts with complaints and they fixed the issue in two days - delivered a new appliance and gave me a partial refund. Won’t hurt to try it with this company.

The Beaches

Recent call quality issues

Post by The Beaches » Tue May 28, 2019 7:01 am

I'm getting breakup/motorboating sound when making and receiving calls. The caller seems highly compressed where their audio pitch appears to be changing. They almost sound squeaky. Are these server issues being addressed? They can't seem to handle the traffic load. I am in Toronto. Please move me to the east coast server. My calls are almost all local.

jbogema

Post by jbogema » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:59 pm

Please move us to the East Coast server- our call quality in the last three weeks has been horrible. About ready to cancel.

Hermioz

Post by Hermioz » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:19 am

I have no issues with a call quality thank God.
Property in Italy https://tranio.com/italy/

jjmmherr

Post by jjmmherr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 am

Worked fine in the past but recently I get dropped off of my conference calls every few minutes or so using an 8xx bridge dial in for Skype for Business and AT&T ISP. I did see prior posts related to fixes for bug 8494 and bug 8343, but the problem exists for me. Anyone know of other fix?

val635h

Post by val635h » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:09 pm

I am located on the east coast as well and didn't realize there is a resolution to this problem.
Most callers I speak with tell me I'm breaking up even though my end sounds fine.
So if I can be moved to a different server I would much appreciate. Thank you