Recent call quality issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
conn8500
Re: Recent call quality issues

Post by conn8500 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:46 am

Same problems with call quality here (just outside Toronto, Canada). We even tried swapping out the Telo device having exhausted every other troubleshooting step but getting the same results. For 15 to 20 seconds of a call, everything is fine, but then we get garbling and cutouts in voice quality. Cable modem gets 100+ DS and 10+ US reliably as confirmed by multiple speed tests and even a test by the ISP. Tried adjusting QOS settings to no effect.

Very frustrated. We had mostly good call quality with Ooma until about the last month.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:15 am

moved your telo to East Coast server

dmstm

Post by dmstm » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 pm

I am in New Jersey and I've had call quality issues since signing up last week, so I would like to be moved to the East Coast server.

oulalaw

Post by oulalaw » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:45 pm

I am in southern California. Ooma has worked fine until this last month or so. Many cut outs in voice quality FROM my ooma phone. Would changing servers help my situation as well? If so, please move me.
Thank you

bz-ooma

Post by bz-ooma » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Tom - you moved me to the EC server a few weeks ago – thank you – but I'm still having problems. At the start of a call things will be fine, but then the other end will hear a loud buzzing for a second or so, or I'll hear a fluttering sound. Call quality returns but one or the other happens 2 of every 3 calls. Needless to say, call quality is nowhere like it was earlier in the year. :( Suggestions?

bsachjigga

Post by bsachjigga » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am

Just set up my ooma and I've been getting dropped calls and choppy audio too. I have an excellent internet connection 70 down and 15 up.

DWMills

Post by DWMills » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 pm

For about 2-weeks, I have been receiving very chopped up distorted incoming phone service. (outgoing seems to be fine)
I was sent a refurbished unit. (Telo104, NOT the same as my Telo102 w/ 1&2 buttons)
I was about to hook it up today when I received a call that was PERFECT!!!( 3 more perfect since)
I called Ooma ??support?? (888) 711-6662 with NO quality problem (has been chopped up for a week).
I did NOT hook up the refurb unit.
As of about Noon eastern , my phone is working perfectly!!!.
(I am going to return the refurb unit after a few days)
Does anyone know what happened with Ooma that corrected this?
(somewhere after 8:00 AM 04/18/17 East coast)
I would like to know so 'next time' I can 'suggest' to tech level x what to do to fix it.
(This crap has happened more than once in the past 2-yrs)
Greg (Connecticut)

PS
connection to another Ooma phone has been flawless all along

barsu

Post by barsu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:49 am

For the last several weeks I've been having a lot of problems with the call breaking up. It's worse on calls I receive. If I call the person back and put *98 ahead of the number it is better but not perfect. The longer I'm on the call the worse it gets. Sometimes it's impossible to carry on a conversation as the other person misses half of what's being said. I'm in California. I don't know which server I'm on. I've seen where Bob changes people's server to east coast. I'd appreciate any help. This problem has been worse the last several weeks. Thanks.

ksbramer@gmail.com

Post by ksbramer@gmail.com » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:48 am

call quality issues here also. talked to a rep, he said my jitter was greater than 5, (needs to be less than 5) and that packet loss was 21%.

Ran the speed test from Ooma website...found the jitter # after running test but could not find the packet loss # in the test results. where is that located? below is speed test results pasted from webpage.

Download Speed: 5133 kbps (641.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 496 kbps (62 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 63 ms
Jitter: 21 ms
4/24/2017, 8:38:39 AM

magmotif

Post by magmotif » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 am

I've also been experiencing terrible call quality; when I call out using Ooma, the person on the other end hears a very choppy signal. I can hear the other person just fine. I just replaced my telo thinking that may be the problem, but the same issue persists.