Recent call quality issues

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
letsdo
Re: Recent call quality issues

Post by letsdo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:01 pm

I hate to sound like a broken record you keep hearing, but the lag time on phone calls is tremendously bad! It's made even worse when I am called by someone on a cell phone, which have their own small lag issues. And sadly, who has a landline these days?!? Nobody! So I have the problem with almost every call.

It's gotten to the point where I say "over" so they know I will wait to hear their response.

PLEASE HELP! I did NOT sign up for THIS!

dude

Post by dude » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:24 am

There is something going on. I just removed my alarm system from Ooma after 8 years. It couldn't get handshakes anymore and 4 out of 5 times wouldn't report a alarm to the call center. It used to work great and according to My Ooma the Telo is setup for a alarm system. I really have no reason to stay with Ooma anymore and may go ahead and drop it now. Yeah its only 5.00 or so a month and its cheap, but they keep charging me a city tax that they should not be and will not remove the charge. Its the same as stealing , whether a few penny's or millions, its wrong.

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Just switched away from Ooma due to call quality problems. As near as I can tell, there's nobody from Ooma reading these forums, and the fabulous "Tom" is apparently busy sipping pina colada's or margarita's down on some tropical beach. Just floating on past glories as a company. But the good reviews of the past only go so far, you need good service all the time to keep customers.

I'm done, peace out.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Letsdo, Are you closer to the East coast or the West coast?
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Gov

Post by Gov » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Similar issues here... lag times, voice dropping out, and what sounds to some people like intermittently accelerated speech. We live on the east coast, so I'm hoping someone can please switch us to the east coast server? Thanks.

LowPlainsDrifter

Post by LowPlainsDrifter » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:43 am

Greetings. Short time listener, first time poster. I see a user "Tom" has the ability to move from server to server.

Tom, if you can help, awesome. I live in Minneapolis, MN so if East Coast is good, great. But if there's a different/closer/better one, be my guest. Phone is usable but having dropout and buzzing noises from time to time. My mom (of course) is the most vocal critic. :-)

phoenix602

Post by phoenix602 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:58 pm

dd me to the list of users who are experiencing quality issues over the past few weeks. Calls keep breaking up, even if my handset is near the receiver. I'm using a wired network connection to a fast and reliable cable modem hookup.

Looking at similar posts, it sounds like I'm not alone and it's possible for Ooma to tweak some things to resolve this. But I don't see any info on how to do this in a self-service manner. If the moderator here can work some magic on my account, please do!

john.galt

Post by john.galt » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Hello ooma people,
Recently moved from comcast voice to ooma, and the voice quality is poor. The call stats for the last 10 calls are not good. Lost packets from 0 to 99, jitter from .22 to 14.26ms, real lost from 0 to 99. My wife has started using her cell instead of the ooma land line. Can someone at ooma have a look see? Worst calls are local here in WA. ANY help is appreciated. Thanks.

Mr.Mike

Post by Mr.Mike » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:24 am

Hello, I have had all kinds of problems such as drop calls, one way audio and echo with both magicJack (5 years) and Ooma Telo (2 months) over the years at the start of these services, before I made any changes to the Device and Router. What I did to fix these problems is very simple:

Step 1_Use Ethernet cable connect Laptop to Ooma Device HOME port 172.27.35.1, and set Ooma Device to Static IP Address.

Step 2_Use Laptop WiFi connection to set DHCP Reservation For Ooma Device in the Router.

Step 3_Use Laptop WiFi connection to set Firewall - DMZ For Ooma Device in the Router.

Good Iuck, I hope it helps.

john.galt

Post by john.galt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks, Mr.Mike. You have described the topology changes I made about a week after porting in to ooma service. I am nearly ready to port number to GV and use an Obihai for home phone.