Call Quality has gotton so bad my wife has insisted we cance

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
kbcrowe
Call Quality has gotton so bad my wife has insisted we cance

Post by kbcrowe » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:48 am

Everything worked fine when we got it a year ago but its terrible right now. I never use the home phone but I notice that when I call her there is a lag between her picking up and voice kicking in so I never hear her "hello" unless she repeats it. According to her, on her end she hears a terrible echo and a constant click-click sound throughout all calls.

jmcrowell

Re: Call Quality has gotton so bad my wife has insisted we cance

Post by jmcrowell » Mon May 08, 2017 12:20 pm

We are having the same problems and my wife also wants to dump it immediately. I was wondering if anyone knew how to determine which server our calls are routed through and/or how we go about switching to the "East Coast" server.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon May 08, 2017 12:41 pm

moved your telo's to the East Coast server

ezcz

Post by ezcz » Thu May 25, 2017 7:42 pm

I have had Ooma for well over 1 year and am having the very same issues. All started fine and gradually more calls dropping, echo more frequent, and frequent complaint that my voice is garbled or there is a delay. I am on a highspeed broadband connection and connected via Ethernet not wirelessly and I am seeing things getting worse. It getting to be time to look at another phone option! Ooma has to better support their customer base.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri May 26, 2017 12:23 pm

moved your telo to the East Coast server