Calls dropping after approx. 30 secs

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
enduserooma
Calls dropping after approx. 30 secs

Post by enduserooma » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I am new to Ooma and have consistently experienced call droppings after approx. 30 secs...really frustrated with the service quality...anyone can help? Thx!

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Calls dropping after approx. 30 secs

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 am

try using a telo wired connection instead

leopheard

Post by leopheard » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:01 am

I have the Ooma plugged into my router with a CAT6 ethernet cable and I have the same issues. 30 seconds of okay call signal, then it cuts out (my audio only - the other side can still hear me) and I can only hear a quiet digital brrrrr sound. After about 10 seconds of that, it cuts back in, but cycles through this constantly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is so frustrating

leopheard

Post by leopheard » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 am

Update: now I can ring a phone from Ooma, I can answer on my cellphone for example but Ooma keeps ringing as if the other end hasn't picked up yet.

A whole new problem!

I've also just had AT&T out here literally 30 minutes ago, installed new modem, said the ping of 38ms is okay with my line, and Ooma are saying it needs to be 5ms? Where do they expect I live, inside my local MUX substation?! I'm starting to think the problem is with Ooma and not AT&T. After all, I've had AT&T since Feb and this problem is like a week old

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:48 am

Jitter needs to be 5 ms or less, not ping.

Run the html5 version of this test.

http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html

It will tell you all you need to know about the quality of your internet connection as it relates to VOIP.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx