I got a Call Quality Guarantee!

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
NewAtOoma
I got a Call Quality Guarantee!

Post by NewAtOoma » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Funny thing happened today.

I called ooma customer service to ask if they could do anything about the poor sound quality. The lady put my ooma in "administrative mode" (I heard the ooma actually say "administrative mode"). She said that my settings looked fine, but she said she did something on their end that should help. Then she had me power cycle the ooma. After that, she tried really hard to sell me the ooma security system. I said no a few times, and I told her that I wanted to see if we could get the phone working before I purchase anything else from ooma. Then she guaranteed me that I would "never have any sound quality problems again." I said, "Wait, you're guaranteeing that I'll never have any more sound problems?" She said, "Yes, so can I send you out the security sensors?" I said no. I think the guarantee was only meant to convince me to buy the security system. But then again, since my customer service call, I've had two phone calls with no problems. So maybe there is something to that guarantee, after all!

holmes4

Re: I got a Call Quality Guarantee!

Post by holmes4 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:58 am

... and you have that in writing, from a company officer authorized to make such a promise, right?
Steve

NewAtOoma

Post by NewAtOoma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am

Um, no... Maybe if I promise to buy the security system, they'll write me such a guarantee. :)

NewAtOoma

Post by NewAtOoma » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 am

Ok, we made 3 phone calls yesterday, and the quality was improved, but there were still a moment of digital voice in one of the calls, and echo in another of the calls. So much for the sound quality guarantee.