Ooma App doesn't seem to work with Bose bluetooth headphones

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
dstoller
Ooma App doesn't seem to work with Bose bluetooth headphones

Post by dstoller » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:45 am

I have a problem with the Ooma app running on my iphone (and ipad) being unable to work correctly with my Bose noise cancelling bluetooth wireless headphones. All audio from the app, whether voice calls or VM, is garbled, much like there is a Codec mismatch. I've tested with both Bose QC 30 and QC35 headphones against the app running on both my iphone and my ipad with the same behavior. This is not periodic call quality problems, but completely garbled sound that is unusable, 100% of the time. I have re-installed the Ooma app and I've made sure the Bose headphones are at the most current code level and have removed and re-paired the headphones, with no change in results. This behavior is the same if running on my home wifi network (Comcast with >200Meg) and when I'm running on AT&T LTE carrier network. This behavior seems to only occur with the Bose headsets and the Ooma app...all other apps, music, etc. seem to be fine through the phone and ipad with these headsets. Also, I have a more simplistic Plantronics bluetooth headset and it does not seem to have a problem with the Ooma app, nor do I have a problem when using just the phone, such as with speakerphone. Seems to be specific to Bose noise cancelling headsets I'm using and the Ooma app.