Please help Tom B

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
pete_c
Please help Tom B

Post by pete_c » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:08 am

For the last three days my Ooma box has been dropping calls and going to a busy signal.

I have also noticed that my Ooma box has been rebooting itself while doing this as looking it keeps flashing red.

The box has been on line now for over 3 years. Tested the VOIP quality stuff and see no issues there.

I have Comcast and around 100Mb down and 25mb up. No issues to report with the CC ISP connection.

I just called customer service. Call #5 reached customer service as I was getting a busy signal or no ring at all. I used my cellular phone to call.

The customer service representative was very pleasant.

She told me to disconnect my Motorola modem from the firewall (I have had the ooma box behind the same firewall since getting it 3 years ago) and plug in the Ooma box directly to the modem. She also mentioned that my firmware was updated on July 11, 2017. We do not utilize the phones that much here but are dependant

I cannot do that as I am dependant on the internet here 24/7.

Wife has suggested returning to copper for our primary telephone. I said this works.

Please help Tom B.
Pete
Automator

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Please help Tom B

Post by Tom » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:55 am

Moved your telo to East Coast server. Please power down your network and boot it back up starting with the modem.

pete_c

Post by pete_c » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:28 am

Done.

Thank you Tom B!!!!
Pete
Automator

pete_c

Post by pete_c » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:30 am

All looks well the day after here Tom B.

Thank you!!!
Pete
Automator

loveh

Post by loveh » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:47 am

I have the same call quality issues recently after 7 years of no quality issues. I purchased a new Telo today, believing that was the problem. What do you recommend - can you switch me to East Coast server?

What is the procedure to activate a new Telo on an existing account?

Thanks!

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Colorado is considerably closer to the west coast server than it is to the east coast server. The point of the east coast server is to get a server closer to the people who live on the east coast.

Call support and give them the MAC address of the new Telo. to get it assigned to your account.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx