Callers not hearing me....calls breaking up

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
janepmoore
Callers not hearing me....calls breaking up

Post by janepmoore » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:26 am

I have had Ooma for many years with no issues whatsoever. Recently, I have callers saying they can't hear me---sound cuts out and then returns. I have high speed internet service that is working well. Not sure what I can do.
Thanks!

EFlores

Re: Callers not hearing me....calls breaking up

Post by EFlores » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:13 am

I have many years using Ooma and I am having the exact same issues; and it started on the day that the Telo was upgraded to Version 198765 (prior to this my services was perfect) I am hoping it is something that can be fixed ASAP but the quality of my phone service is now horrible.

budwich

Post by budwich » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:16 pm

I have the other problem, I can't hear the called person but they can hear me. Further, if they call, it is OK. Further the "orb" is flashing "4 times" (blue or purple... not sure, I am color blind... :-( ... ) What does that flashing indicate? I have tried reset the ooma box along with the router that it hangs off of and finally the cable modem in various sequences.... hasn't help.

I am also having problems trying to log into the box via hard cable to the home port so I don't know if the box was updated recently. Any suggestions or direction on getting out of this issue? Thanks

budwich

Post by budwich » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 pm

after doing an online chat with support, it appears that there is some sort of issue with canadian customers with the last update. Its been around for about a week with NO resolution yet... but they are working on it :-(

RKL&N

Post by RKL&N » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:37 pm

it started on the day that the Telo was upgraded to Version 198765
When was this upgrade rolled out?

kschilf

Post by kschilf » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:21 pm

We had the same issues...if an incoming call, callers can hear us...but if we called out, they could not hear us...checked to see if the ooma app on our cell phone worked...it did...then knew it was an issue in the house...unplugged the internet extender/booster and rebooted ooma unit. Works fine now...seems the ooma unit was trying to connect to the extender and not the main modem...hope this helps

MrDoh

Post by MrDoh » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:05 am

Doesn't help us, we have the same issues with being told that our calls are breaking up by the people that we call, including Ooma support. However, our Telo Air 2 is directly connected via an ethernet cable to our router, so the problems we're having have nothing to do with wireless/Wi-Fi problems.

It would be nice to see Ooma acknowledge these problems and fix them. Not holding my breath.

epetru

Post by epetru » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 am

Try adding the Ooma to the router DMZ and select the option to bypass the SIP/ALG if available on the router.