The "usual" call quality problems.

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Zipy
The "usual" call quality problems.

Post by Zipy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:56 am

OK, I'm having ALL the discussed quality problems. Delay, echo, no ring, rings then stops, even when it rings on my end it doesn't always on the other end. This happens at least 50% of the time and for about the last 6 months. Its weird because I can use the mobile app on the same router/wifi and it almost always works. ??? Tom B would the east cost server help me too?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: The "usual" call quality problems.

Post by Tom » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am

Development on hubs has stopped some years ago, so they're all locked to the original West Coast data center.

Zipy

Post by Zipy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am

Tom B, I just updated to the teleo. I had hoped this would help. It hasn't in the least. What now?

Zipy

Post by Zipy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:44 am

Tom I went through customer support. They just changed servers for me. Test call went through just fine and with good call quality. Time will tell.

Zipy

Post by Zipy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

Can't help but think if ooma didn't just kick us (original hub owners) to the curb, I probably wouldn't have had to upgrade to the teleo from the hub (which was still working perfectly) just to get moved to the east coast server. Don't think this is what ooma advertised when they persuaded me to gamble on their new company so many years ago!