Ooma call not working over PPPOE

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
Jo Kasey
Ooma call not working over PPPOE

Post by Jo Kasey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm

I have a strange problem. My internet provider is providing service over PPPoE. So my Router is connected to the Modem using the PPPoE credentials. My Laptop etc works well except when I call any US number. When I call any US phone number there is silence followed by a hangup tone. If I call any Canadian number, it works well without any issues as I hear the ring and able to talk. For most of the incoming calls after I pick up the phone, I am not able to hear anything. I talked to the ISP and they said they do not restrict ports etc. This issue started after I switched my ISP to the latest Fiber but still using outdated PPPoE. I did not know untill the ISP installed that it needs authentication. I have been using Ooma for the last 7 years. I took the Telo to my friends place and I am able to place and receive calls without these issues. I have called Ooma and the ISP atleast 10 times by now and done the classic resolution to turn off restart procedures. Is there anyone out there with this issue.